We are a direct importer of plantation shutters.
Our shutters are made at a factory with decades of experience, the shutters are of the highest standard and quality, supplied to many other retailers within the country and sold at a much higher price elsewhere. Why pay more at other retailers for the same or inferior product? Just check out the hundreds of reviews which attest to the quality of our products for proof. We’re all about passing the savings onto our customers, and creating value for you. Some of our competitors are all about advertising big on social media, paying big bucks for these clicks means they have to increase the product cost to cover their advertising budget. We work on word of mouth and organic discovery, passing those savings straight back into your pocket. Don’t be fooled thinking you’re getting a better product by paying hundreds or thousands of dollars more at some of our competitors.
Another under handed tactic often used by our competitors includes selling engineered, laminate/MDF material, or Paulownia timber shutters which are of inferior quality and will likely warp, crack, or will simply not last. These are cheap and nasty materials. For comparison our Polymer shutters feature reinforced aluminium and waterbased paint. Our timber shutters are made from premium grade basswood and not Paulownia like our competitors.
Some of our competitors are selling ‘Shutter Kits’, which are priced at the same level as our fully assembled shutters. We ship the shutter panels fully assembled, these ‘Shutter Kits’ will require many more hours or days of assembly for zero benefit, you may find an increased chance of scuffs and knicks to the paint during assembly of shutter kits. My Direct Blinds only sells fully assembled shutter panels, making it much easier for installation. All you have to do with our shutters is fix them into your opening.
Talk to us about customising your shutters just the way you like it.
We call all of our customers prior to production to ensure you’ve got it just right, and customise your panel configurations and options just the way you want it to better suit your windows
- Custom Made Advanced Polymer Plantation Shutters are made from a special solid type of uPVC with a strengthened aluminium core
- Extensive 5 Year Warranty
- Perfectly sized 89mm slats
- Max Width 3000mm, Max Height 2200mm
- Min Width 250mm, Min Height 350mm
- Classic style central control bar or optional hidden control bar for easy lifting
- Customisable panel configurations, and number of panels
- Panels are even sized, for example your (window opening / number of panels) = Panel size. T-Post placement can be customised upon request
- Order page will show correct amount of panels for the width you enter, all the hard work is done for you
- Panels over 1500mm high will feature 1 Mid Rail
- Mid Rail height customisable to hide Mullions or get around obstructions in the middle of your window such as a winder, etc
- If shutters are over 1700mm in width they will require a supporting T-Post for additional strength and support
- Our products won’t warp, crack, peel or fade, in fact we use an advanced sanding and multi layer paint process that others simply do not
- Reinforced polymer, suitable for wet areas and this material also features the best cost, strength and thermal properties. Beware of ‘Paulownia’ timber.
Price Beat T&C
We’re so confident we’re the market leaders on price that we will beat any competitors delivered price on our polymer shutters.*
If you manage to find the equivalent shutter product elsewhere, we will not only match the price but beat it by 3%.*
Shop with confidence knowing you’re buying at the lowest prices on the market.
*Our shutter price match guarantee excludes all payment methods except Bank Transfer. In order to claim a price beat, you will need to pay via Bank Transfer. Some delivery areas are excluded.