We are a direct importer of plantation shutters.
Our shutters are made at a factory with decades of experience, the shutters are of the highest standard and quality, supplied to many other retailers within the country and sold with a much higher premium elsewhere. Why pay more at other retailers for the same or inferior product? Just check out the hundreds of reviews which attest to the quality of our products for proof. We’re all about passing the savings onto our customers and creating value for you. Some of our competitors are all about big advertising budgets, those costs are passed onto you. We work on mostly word of mouth and organic discovery, passing those savings straight back into your pocket. Don’t be fooled thinking you’re getting a better product by paying hundreds or thousands of dollars more at some of our competitors.
Another under handed tactic often used by our competitors includes distributing engineered, laminate/MDF material, or hollow ‘air eco’ PVC Shutters which are of inferior quality. For comparison, our Polymer shutters feature reinforced aluminium and water based paint and are solid on the inside ensuring thermal characteristics.
Some of our competitors offer ‘Shutter Kits’, they are priced at the same level as our fully assembled shutters. We ship the shutter panels fully assembled, which requires less labour to put together, ‘Shutter Kits’ will require many more hours or days of assembly for zero benefit. You may find an increased chance of scuffs and knicks to the paint during assembly of ‘Shutter Kits’. My Direct Blinds only sells fully assembled shutter panels, making it a breeze for installation. All you have to do with our shutters is fix your panels into your opening after placing the frame within the opening.
Some ‘Shutter Kits’ at our competitors won’t come with a frame, they’ll be delivered to you with 16mm gaps on the top and bottom, and 10mm gaps on the left and right, and without light blocks, privacy may be nonexistent, with substandard light blockage. Using pivot hinges without a shutter frame will cause privacy issues when using more than 2 panels in the opening.
‘Shutter Kits’ at our competitors do not feature aluminium re-inforcement within the side stiles and blades. This will likely create warping over time in the hot Australian sun. Without aluminium reinforcement, your panels will be limited to 600mm in width, on some window openings you may be forced to add extra panels due to this limitation, causing your shutter panels to be unable to line up with your window mullions.
‘Shutter Kits’ at our competitors when using more than 2 panels, will place the panels next to each other on pivot hinges, creating a 3-7mm gap between the panels depending on window squareness, that they have no coverage for. Ours will feature a full shutter frame, when using more than 2 panels, a T-post will be used which blocks any view through and privacy issues.
You can customise your shutters just the way you like it with My Direct Blinds, featuring long panel widths up to 900mm or slightly more.
If you’ve selected the ‘Expert Review’ option, we contact you prior to production with a photo submission form that our experts will review and questionnaire to ensure you’ve got it just right, ensuring an error free ordering process. We’re able to customise your panel configurations and options just the way you want it to better suit your windows after we take a look at your windows, to ensure the shutters line up with your window frames correctly.
- Custom Made Advanced Polymer Plantation Shutters are made from a special solid type of uPVC with a strengthened aluminium core
- Extensive 5 Year Warranty
- Perfectly sized 89mm slats
- Max Width 5585mm, Max Height 2200mm
- Min Width 262mm, Min Height 350mm
- Classic style central control bar or optional hidden control bar for easy lifting
- Customisable panel configurations, and number of panels
- Panels are even sized, for example your (window opening / number of panels) = Panel size. T-Post placement can be customised upon request
- Order page will show correct amount of panels for the width you enter, all the hard work is done for you
- Panels over 1500mm high will feature 1 Mid Rail
- Mid Rail height customisable to hide Mullions or get around obstructions in the middle of your window such as a winder, etc
- If shutters are over 1700mm in width they will require a supporting T-Post for additional strength and support
- Double hinged panel variants are available (Note: Double Hinged shutters, due to increased weight can be prone to sagging)
- Our products won’t warp, crack, peel or fade, in fact we use an advanced sanding and multi layer paint process that others simply do not
- Reinforced polymer, suitable for wet areas and this material also features the best cost, strength and thermal properties.
- VOC free water based paint
Please note: Due to the nature of our custom based products and that one size does not fit all, our shipping fees are mostly accurate but sometimes due to “regional areas”, or areas outside of regular shipping zones, there may be an additional shipping charge on plantation shutters. We will inform you, if any additional shipping fees apply to your shipping address before we process your order. In a mean time, you can send us an e-mail or give us a call to confirm your exact shipping fees prior to placing an order if you believe your delivery address in located in regional or rural area.
Price Beat T&C
We’re so confident we’re the market leaders on price that we will beat any competitors delivered price on our polymer shutters.*
If you manage to find the equivalent fully assembled shutter product elsewhere, we will not only match the price but beat it by 3%.*
*Our shutter price beat guarantee excludes all payment methods except Bank Transfer. In order to claim the price beat guarantee, you will need to pay via Bank Transfer. Some delivery areas are excluded.
*Must be equivalent product. Reinforced side stiles and blades.
*Excludes ‘Shutter Kits’ that are disassembled from competitors