Christmas and New Year 2020 Information
All blinds excluding shutters, please place your order before Midnight on Thursday Nov 19th to ensure pre-end of year delivery. Orders placed after the 19th of November will be dispatched after we return in January.
Our factory will be closed between the 23rd December until the 7th of January, however we will still be taking orders during this time. Production will resume after the 7th of January.
Christmas & New Year T&C’s
- As hard as we will try, there are no guarantees and we can’t rule out unexpected delays, so order as early as possible to avoid disappointment!
- The remotest areas and islands are excluded.
- Pre end of year delivery does not extend to fabrics and materials that go out of stock.
- If all goes smoothly then will deliver your blinds before the end of the year, but we cannot be liable for events beyond our control which mean we are unable to deliver on time.
We charge a flat rate fee per order, not per item Australia wide for all blinds, curtains and pelmets – except Plantation Shutters
$36 for Leave Safe Delivery
With Leave Safe Delivery, the driver will leave your order in a safe place at your property. A signature is not required, therefore you do not have to be home to accept the delivery. By default all deliveries will be made with this method unless you specify otherwise. This is the most economical and fastest way to receive your delivery. Due to COVID-19 our carriers are most likely not currently doing carded and signature deliveries.
Plantation Shutters will have an additional cost added at checkout due to being a high volumetric product.
Here are some important notes on shipping:
- No shipments can be made to PO Box addresses. Except for initial free samples
- For the fastest service possible, we ship most products directly from our manufacturing facility
- All delivery times listed on MyDirectBlinds.com.au’s website or on any other MyDirectBlinds.com.au’s material (ads, direct mail, emails, etc.) are estimates, we will do our best to notify you on the day of delivery
- Some areas may require additional an shipping charge, we will contact you if this is the case before putting the order into production
- Oversized items may require an additional shipping charge, we will contact you if this is the case before putting the order into production
- We cannot be held liable for any delays outside of these estimated production times, or for carrier / freight company delays as this is outside of our control.
Estimated Manufacturing Times per product (Not including delivery time by Freight company) in Working Days:
|Rollers||14-21 Working Days|
|Free Samples||Sent same or next business day|
|Panel Glides||14-21 Working Days|
|Romans||14-21 Working Days|
|Slimlines||14-21 Working Days|
|Verticals||14-21 Working Days|
|Shutters||8-13 Weeks this has been adjusted due to COVID-19 (Average is 8-10 Weeks) please read more here|
|Venetian Blinds||14-21 Working Days|
Freight Transit Times
This will heavily depend upon where you are located. For metro cities the average time is 1-4 business days. West coast deliveries, non metro city areas and regional areas may take longer, and we ask our customers to allow at least 7 business days from after your items have been dispatched. Transit times will vary heavily during peak periods such as the month leading up to Christmas and over the new year period into the new year. Because blinds are large products, up to and over 3 meters in length in some cases, the items are only economical to send via road express, you will find this is true with any online retailer.
Some items such as Plantation shutters, Awnings, and Curtain Tracks may be delivered separately from your other orders, and could arrive on different dates.
Freight Damage and Missing Parts
Upon receiving your order please be sure to inspect boxes carefully, alert your driver, do not sign and refuse delivery if you observe any obvious damage. If you find damaged items, please do not discard the boxes! In some cases we may also request for the products to be returned to us for inspection, so you will require the original packaging in order to send it back to us. Please take pictures of the damage and contact us immediately with details of the damages (within 24 hours ideally) so we can submit any claims on your behalf with our freight company. We know not everyone installs their product straight after receiving them, but we encourage you to take the product out of the packaging as soon as it arrives to take note of any damage. We won’t be able to claim any freight insurance after 48 hours from delivery, as the insurance claim window will be over. Generally there is no insurance on ‘Leave Safe’ deliveries after the products have been delivered.
If any parts are missing from your order, please contact us within 30 calendar days and we’ll help you get replacement parts. If it has been more than 30 calendar days since you received your order, there will be a charge for any requested parts.
Manufacturing times given are estimates based on normal production, and may vary depending on the product.
- Estimated manufacturing times include working days after our receipt of your completed order and exclude weekends, holidays and factory closing days.
- On occasion, there may also be delays caused by back ordered merchandise, factories slowing or stopping production to take inventory, temporary factory overload, or other unforeseen problems.
- Estimated manufacturing times may also vary heavily during peak seasons such as holidays and end of year.
- Listed lead times do not include transit time.
Please Note: We will do our best to notify you the estimated day of delivery, when the items are dispatched from our premises we will update your order status on our track order page, you will also receive an email and SMS of the updated order status.
For Leave Safe deliveries, please leave instructions in the checkout if you will not be home and would like it to be left in a specific place, ie. Around the side. The inner packaging of the blinds are in a sealed plastic cover and will be resistant to the weather. Please note that if you select this delivery method, as there is no signature we do not cover extremely rare instances of theft after delivery has been made, if this is of concern to you please choose ‘Signature Required’ delivery.
Discontinued and/or Back Ordered Items
At times, products or colours are discontinued or placed on back order by raw material suppliers we work with. We make every effort to remove discontinued items as soon as we are made aware of them. Whenever we receive notice of back ordered items, we will notify you immediately and give you the option to change or cancel your order.